Search & Win

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Funny Thing About Fibromyalgia...

Following are some things I've said on Twitter regarding Fibromyalgia, Fibro Fog (not to be confused with Fibro Blog), and other things related to my condition and situation. My doctor always tells me, "At least you haven't lost your sense of humor!" It's the one part of the "old me" that I've been trying to hold on to. I mean, if you can't laugh at yourself...ok, totally lost that train of thought. I'm not as funny as I used to be, but I'm working on it. 
  • You know you have fibro fog when you stare at the On/Off button of your heating pad, trying to remember how to turn it on.

  • I don't know if I slept so much as was knocked unconscious by pain.

  • You know you have fibro fog when you gently stretch, close your eyes...then freak out because you think the lights just went out.

  • Keeping myself occupied by playing Scrabble on my DS. The only words I can come up with are like "doh" and "ow" and "hurt" and the like.

  • Massage therapist: "You're going to be sore tomorrow." Me: "I'm sore every day."

  • PSA: Do not exfoliate while on pain meds. I almost lost my nose in a freak sloughing accident.

  • Feeling good & comfy. It's a nice feeling, but must resist the urge to do something stupid that will aggravate the pain...like clean!

  • You know you have fibromyalgia when you walk...and your elbow hurts.

  • Even in my dreams, I'm sleep deprived!

  • You know you have fibro fog when you try to turn your computer on with the TV remote, and the TV on with your cell phone!

  • I don't care what killed Michael Jackson. I have my own problems.

  • SSA disability approved. Seems like a good enough reason to no longer aspire to anything.

  • Am I the only person who can seriously hurt herself by patting a pillow?

  • Long-term disability from work was approved today based solely on depression. FMS "not disabling". If they only knew!
In all fairness, I got the idea from Adrienne Dellwo's Fibromyalgia and CFS Blog on About.com. Laughter is supposed to be the best medicine, right?

Gentle hugs and have a good laugh,
Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Too funny!! I especially love the one about walking and your elbow hurts. Too true.

    Thanks for the laugh!

    Jenn
    fibrologie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing hysterically... and so glad to know it's not just me who does that stuff!! ;)

    Love the walking/elbow hurts one and the Michael Jackson one...so true!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a funny post!

    My personal all-time favorite fibro-stupid thing I've done is put cat food in the washing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts